Its now 7 months after the DVD release, this is the first version of YoFrankie since being an open project at the blender institute.
Version 1.1 brings YoFrankie up to date with Blender, taking advantage of new features. There have also been improvements in the game logic and levels.
- Includes the 3 winning levels from the level design competition, with additional improvements.
- Updated Game Logic for Blender3D 2.49a
- Runs faster, from testing level 1 home: 2.48a averages 50fps, 2.49a 80fps*
- Cleaned up blend files, materials, textures, animations, unfinished levels.
- Loading screen between levels.
Linux 32, 64bit, Windows 32bit (MacOS binary not included but is compatible with 2.49a)
Of course contributions are still welcome and I intend to keep YoFrankie running with the latest blender, adding levels and content from the community.
* Tested with release builds on 32bit Linux, AMD3800, NVidia 8800.
* Update 1.1a*
- fixes the secondary level selector (no sign-post) bug.
- momo dancing in credits was missing.
* Update 1.1b*
- linux 64bit player was an older blender version.